ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION CAUSES or impotence is an abnormal condition when a man is unable to get an erection or at times is unable to keep the erection firm enough to have a satisfying sexual experience. Erectile dysfunction or Impotence leaves the man with a devastating feeling not being able to perform or satisfy his partner.
In most cases, Erectile dysfunction becomes the cause of breakups in a relationship. Yes, seriously, let’s have a detailed look into the symptoms, causes, and treatment for erection problem.
SYMPTOMS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
- Difficulty in achieving an erection
- Inability to sustain an erection
- Inability to have an erection
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Inability to ejaculate
- Reduced libido or desire
It’s important to note that ED can be a temporary or ongoing issue, and it may be related to a physical or psychological condition. It’s recommended to consult with a healthcare provider to determine the underlying cause and the best course of treatment.
CAUSES OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Certain common causes responsible for a man to suffer from erection problem include:
- Age: With the advancement of age, it is obvious for a man to experience the loss of erection especially after the 40s.
- Medications and supplements: certain medicines including chemotherapy drugs and some supplements taken during gym effect or interfere with the blood flow to the penis leading to loss of erection.
- Stress and Anxiety: A number of psychological concerns are associated with sexual dysfunction in men.
- Surgery: Few surgeries including prostate surgery too lead to erection issue.
- Injury: Any injury to the genital area lead to erection issue or men with spinal cord injury to experience erectile dysfunction.
- Diseases and Conditions: Certain medical conditions that affect our nervous system circulation are one of the leading causes of erectile dysfunction such as High blood pressure, Diabetes (erectile dysfunction due to diabetes), neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis.
- Lifestyle factors: Smoking, excessive drinking, using recreational drugs, and even bike riding for extended periods cause erectile dysfunction.
DIAGNOSIS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction (ED) typically involves a combination of medical and psychological evaluation, including:
Medical history: Your doctor will ask about your medical history, including any medications you’re taking and any past medical conditions.
Physical examination: A physical examination will be conducted to check for any physical causes of ED, such as circulation problems or nerve damage.
Blood tests: Blood tests may be performed to check for underlying conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, or hormonal imbalances.
Psychological evaluation: Your doctor may also assess any psychological factors that may be contributing to ED, such as anxiety or depression.
Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) test: This test measures the quality of nighttime erections, which can provide information about nerve function and blood flow to the penis.
Penile Doppler Ultrasound: This test is performed to evaluate blood flow to the penis and identify any circulation problems.
Rigidity monitoring: This test uses a device to measure the rigidity of an erection during sleep, providing information about the quality of erections.
The specific diagnostic tests will vary depending on the individual and the underlying cause of ED. It’s important to consult with a healthcare provider for a proper evaluation and diagnosis.
TREATMENT OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Since the causes of Erectile Dysfunction are so diverse, therefore it is not simple to generalize about how ED is treated best. Treatment may differ from man to man because one treatment can be beneficial for one need not be useful to the other.
Various treatment options for erectile dysfunction include:
- Lifestyle changes:
- Quit smoking
- Cut on alcohol
- Get involved in some sports or physical activity like exercises
- Reduce extra body weight
- Medicines are useful in mild cases
- Counselling helps men with situational or occasional ED
- Vacuum pumps
- Shockwave Therapy:mild electric shockwaves are passed through the penis to revive the obstructed blood flow relieving the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. However, it is useful in mild to moderate cases of ED.
- A penile prosthesisor penile implant Surgery is hope for the men who do not get any positive response from medicines or any other treatment options for a long time. Penile Implants help the men suffering from ED to restore their quality of life. Click on the link to read the benefits of penile implant.