When it comes to ejaculation, men can potentially deal with three major problems such as premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation, and retrograde ejaculation. Men who suffer from retrograde ejaculation also display low self-esteem and confidence. Most men who suffer from this condition don’t feel comfortable to discuss it with their friends and spouses. This article will provide a brief insight into the problem and show you how to treat it.
What Is Retrograde Ejaculation?
Retrograde ejaculation is a problem that occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of showing up through penis during the orgasm. The sperm leaves your body with urine. Although men with this problem are still able to experience orgasm, they ejaculate little to no sperm at all. This problem is usually referred to as a dry orgasm. Although this problem isn’t dangerous it affects person’s fertility.
What Causes This Problem?
To understand the retrograde ejaculation, it’s important to realize how men’s genital region operates during an orgasm. For example, when a man experiences orgasm, a tube called vas deferens transports sperm to the prostate. There, it’s mixed with other fluids in order to produce semen or ejaculate.
The muscle which is located at the opening of the bladder tightens in order to prevent ejaculate from reaching the bladder while it passes from prostate into the urethra (tube inside the penis). This same muscle keeps urine in your bladder until you urinate.
In men who suffer from retrograde ejaculation, the muscle at the opening of the bladder or bladder neck muscle isn’t able to tighten properly which is why sperm enters the bladder before it reaches urethra.
Retrograde Ejaculation Causes include:
- Prostate surgery or bladder neck surgery
- Intake of some medications for blood pressure, prostate enlargement, mood disorders etc.
- Nerve damage that occurs as a result of some medical condition such as spinal cord injury, diabetes, multiple sclerosis.
Am I At Risk Of Dry Orgasm?
Men who are at risk of getting this ejaculation problem are:
- Men who suffer from diabetes or multiple sclerosis
- Men who underwent prostate or bladder surgery
- Men who take medications for high blood pressure, mood disorders etc.
- Men who suffered from spinal cord injury.
How to Treat Retrograde Ejaculation?
Although retrograde ejaculation isn’t dangerous, men feel subconscious about the fact they are unable to ejaculate sperm which is why their self-esteem and confidence is affected. In some cases, men experience low sexual desires as well.
The best way to treat retrograde ejaculation is to consult your healthcare provider and find out the underlying cause. This problem is always associated with some other health issue which means that treating the underlying problem can also help you resolve retrograde ejaculation as well.
Check article: Penile Implant Treatment in India
However, if the retrograde ejaculation is caused by surgery of prostate or bladder, then your doctor most likely won’t be able to help you. It’s because surgery changes the anatomy of your body and drugs are unhelpful in this case.
Tips For a Healthy Penis
Even though retrograde ejaculation is caused by other medical problem such as diabetes it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do your best on improving penis health. Below, you can see some tips that will help you boost your penis’ health and sexual performance:
- Maintain a healthy weight – if you’re overweight or obese here’s one more reason to lose weight. Excessive weight decreases testosterofoods improve penilene levels and it makes it difficult to obtain and maintain erections.
- Eat foods that improve penile health such as spinach, bananas, tomatoes, hot sauce, watermelon, pomegranate, drink green tea, chilli peppers, strawberries, avocados, peanut butter, broccoli, oysters, walnuts, herring, turkey breast, grass-fed beef, eggs, liver, celery etc.
- Use supplements – there are many dietary supplements on the market which give you harder and stronger erections, improve blood flow to the penis to make you strong or they boost penis health. For example, Virectin is made of all-natural ingredients, restores hormone balances and improves your sex life as well.
- Learn how to avoid or reduce stress – for example, you can find your own unique way of stress management. Stress affects your overall health and it can have a significant impact on your sex performance.
- Exercise – with regular physical activity you can protect your own health which means you can decrease the risk of getting retrograde ejaculation which would occur as a consequence of some disease.
- Have sex regularly – regardless of your ejaculation problem, erection problem, or even if you have spotless penis health, you should have sex regularly. Regular intercourse improves your marriage or relationship and is crucial for your penile health and quality of sex performance.
Retrograde ejaculation refers to a problem in which affected person isn’t able to ejaculate the sperm through the penis once he achieves orgasm. Instead, the sperm reaches the bladder. This condition isn’t dangerous and is caused by some underlying medical problem. Treating the underlying cause and seeing a urologist can help you deal with this problem.